Restaurant Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship: Interested and qualified individuals can now apply for this ongoing job opportunity.
Restaurant Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship: responsible for the overall effectiveness of the kitchen’s daily activities. Cooking skills are displayed by personally carrying out chores, supervising the workforce, and overseeing all activities involving food.
Restaurant Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced.
Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Post Name Restaurant Chef
- Company Name Marriott Worldwide
- Expected Salary CAD 20 To CAD 21 per Hour
- Address Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2L2
- CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
- Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards, and procedures.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving, and food storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Performs all duties of kitchen managers and employees as necessary.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and the right temperature of all food products.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Leading Kitchen Operations
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision-making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
- Industry Private
- Education Required High School Diploma
- Schedule Type Full Time
- Work Hours 8 Hours
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, and standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Marriott International is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act).
We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application, or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service.
If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experience, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
Interview Questions For Restaurants Jobs:
- Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced kitchen environment?
- What are your favorite and least favorite aspects of being a chef de partie?
- How do you manage stress while working in a busy kitchen?
- What is your favorite dish to prepare, and why?
- Provide an example of a time when you had to manage a difficult customer or client.
- If we visited your station during service, what would we see you doing?
- What would you do if you noticed a fellow chef de partie skipping steps when preparing a dish?
- How well do you communicate with other kitchen staff, such as bakers and dishwashers?
- Do you have any experience working with seasonal ingredients?
- When preparing a complex dish, what is your process for ensuring each step is completed correctly?
- We want to improve our menu by adding more vegetarian options. What would you suggest as a vegetarian-friendly dish to add to our menu?
- Describe your experience with food presentation.
- What makes you stand out from other chefs?
- Which other restaurants do you admire, and why?
- What do you think is the most important skill for a chef de partie to have?
- How often do you update your cooking knowledge and skills?
please kindly click the link below to start your application process: